Amazon Alexa will become your co-pilot in Toyota, Lexus cars

Amazon Alexa will become your co-pilot in Toyota, Lexus cars

Executives from Amazon's Alexa and Google's Assistant will be seeking new partners and other big technology companies, including Apple and Facebook Inc.'s Oculus division, will be at the show behind the scenes as they ramp up their virtual-reality and augmented-reality products.

While Amazon and Google duke it out at CES - an extension of the fight that's been escalating between the two in recent months - rumors of a big consumer push for Google Assistant after the show are circulating. And they need to do it before Amazon's smart speaker lead becomes unassailable and the Amazon Echo effect spreads into other products. Amazon's Echo line controlled about 73 percent of that market, while Google Home, which debuted in late 2016, controlled the remaining 27 percent.

Even though a Google spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment, Google vice president of engineering Scott Huffman confirmed the company wants to spread Assistant to mobile devices, home gadgets, and cars to Bloomberg. New York-based Vuzix already showcased the first Alexa-enabled augmented reality (AR) glasses that would go on sale in the second quarter this year with a cost of around $1,000 (roughly Rs. 63,400).

Google claims that you can now perform more than a million actions with Google Assistant.

Samsung Elec, LG Display Get Spotlight at CES
Samsung also worked with McAfee to develop a new security application which is tailored for TV called McAfee Security for TV. This new TV is more of a technological showcase than a marketable commodity at least for the time being.

Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered sets sail in March
Starring Shay Patrick Cormac, players explore the icy North Atlantic, the bustling streets of New York City and a river valley. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never-before-seen skills and weapons.

Breaking Down Jack White's New Singles
He's also shared a video for " Connected By Love " directed by Pasqual Gutierrez . The brooding song highlights White's soulful vocals and urgent performance style.

Amazon's technology will be offered in certain Toyota and Lexus vehicles equipped with special infotainment software beginning in 2018 and expanding into more models in 2019. It allows users to do video calls with Google Duo, provides YouTube video access, and manages all connected devices in the home.

Since then, the company has launched a refreshed line of Amazon Echo speakers, including a model created to make it easy for consumers to get started using Alexa to manage their lightbulbs, refrigerators and televisions. But its subtext is all about Google versus Amazon. One way Google is reportedly looking to do that is by launching a revamped online store in February.

Both companies see the competition in existential terms. This interestingly makes Alexa a tougher competitor for Cortana.

It has baked Bixby into TVs, fridges and smartphones among other products - and those are the only places you'll find it.

Related Articles